EAST ASIA KOREA-JAPAN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The East Asia Korea-Japan internship program is a non-paid internship organized by the Korean NGO Asia Hope Camp Organization, and by the Japanese NGO Acopia Friendship International.
Are you looking for a working experience in Asia? To travel in Korean or in Japan? To learn a new language or discover East Asian culture? Perhaps all three at once?
If your answer is "Yes!" to any of these questions, our East Asia Korea-Japan internship program is exactly what you need.
About the internship
Our internship is a 3 to 6 months internship open all year-round. This means interns can apply whenever and choose their working period as they wish. Interns also choose the duration they want to spend in each country.
Round trip ticket will be provided by ACOPIA (flight from Incheon airport to Kumamoto Airport and back.)
The internship takes place in Hongdae, Seoul, South Korea, and in Kumamoto, Japan.
You can check out Kumamoto's location, history, sightseeing, features, events and tips on the website below:
This internship is an unpaid one.
At ACOPIA, we value experience and emotions more than anything. Our mission is to promote social activities and to facilitate free exchange of ideas. As interns will work as intrapreneurs under minimal supervision, they have to be autonomous and rigorous. During this internship, interns will improve their decision-making skills and project management skills, use and take advantage of their creativity, improve their interpersonal communication skills, and most of all, work in a fun and friendly environment.
working hours :
Interns will work from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
ACOPIA SEOUL OFFICE (internship) :
Promoting multicultural cafe
Promoting K-POP Camp
Promoting Work Camps abroad
Visiting Korean high schools, universities, academies and NGOs
Supporting staff during Work Camps and K-POP Camps
Managing social media accounts
ACOPIA KUMAMOTO OFFICE (volunteering):
Volunteering with children as a kindergarten assistant
Promoting friendship exchanges between citizens of Kumamoto and people worldwide, and contributing to the city's internationalization while working with the Kumamoto City International Center.
- University student (undergraduate or graduate); age 18 - 28
- Full English professional proficiency - IELTS 7 or equivalent level
- Korean and Japanese proficiencies
- Good use of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Preferably with knowledge and skills in marketing, web design, digital communication, video editing
- Good organization and time management
- Capable of working efficiently and effectively under minimal supervision
- With a positive work attitude and able to communicate well with colleagues from different cultures and nationalities
During their internships, interns are required to stay in ACOPIA Houses (for girls only).
Full rent must be paid prior to arrival for both accommodation in Korea and in Japan.
HONGDAE SHAREHOUSE, SEOUL, KOREA :
Single Room :
September to December : USD 700 / month
January to August : USD 750 / month
Double Room :
September to December : USD 550 / month
January to August : USD 600 / month
Triple Room :
September to December : USD 500 / month
January to August : USD 550 / month
※ Water, electricity and gas, wifi included.
- Toilet & Shower
- Living Room, Couch, Table, TV
- Kitchen, Refrigerator, Microwave, Water Purifier, Rice Cooker, Toaster, etc.
- Laundry Machine, Clothes Horse, Iron, Vacuum Cleaner
- Free Internet & Wi-Fi,
- Personal Computer
- Terrace (Only for those living on the 2nd floor of House 1.)
How to get to Kumamoto
For our internship program, you will simply need a tourist VISA as you will be staying 90 days in Korea and 90 days in Japan.
How to participate
1. Complete the form below (bottom of page).
2. Send your resume and a cover letter by email at acopia.intern @gmail.com.
*PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO APPLY.
Up to 2 months before departure: refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 1 month prior to departure: 50% refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 2 weeks before departure: 20% refund of fees except for deposit
From 2 days before departure: Refund impossible
※ The deposit of 300USD is not refundable but you can can use this deposit for any other program of Asia Hope Camp Organization during 2 years