JLNE (Japanese Language Nagomi Education)
Study with Japanese students, discover the Japanese culture,
and improve your Japanese language skills while living in Japan!
※ JLNE is a program conducted at the Kumamoto Prefectural University Japanese Language Education Laboratory. Professor BABA Ryoji, the highest authority in the field of Japanese language education, is responsible for the entire program. JLNE offers Japanese language course conducted by Japanese university students (graduate students) who major in Japanese language education. After the end of the program, you will receive a certificate of completion.
□ Host: Asia Hope Camp Organization
□ Cooperation: Korea-Japan Society Culture Forum
□ Period: June 25, 2019 to July 20, 2019
※ The application deadline is June 15, 2019 and may be closed earlier than this date.
JLNE program is hold twice a year, during summer and winter and can stay in the provided accommodation from June 23, 2019 to July 23, 2019.
□ Training Hours: The actual number of training days is 20 days including Saturdays (12:30 to 13:30 lunch break, language program scheduled for 4 hours a day)
□ Course: Japanese language education, presentation class, cultural experience, field trip, small group lesson, exchange meeting. The participant will take intensive Japanese classes in the morning and visit Kumamoto's corporations with briefing sessions and field trips in the afternoon.
□ Place of Training: Kumamoto Prefectural University Seminar Room (Tours, cultural experiences and visits to related institutions will take place in Kumamoto and its surroundings)
□ Number of participants: 15~25 (open to all levels)
□ Participation fee: 1,500USD (covers the accommodation fee at the comfortable Kaida residence in the heart of the city + training fee (4 hours/day) + certificate of completion + report card issuance
After the JLNE program is finished, you will be given the opportunity to interact with your Japanese friends, and visit various places in Japan before going back to your home country.
Language is culture
Understanding the language of a country means understanding its people.
The Japanese government is putting a lot of capital and effort into increasing the number of people studying Japanese in the world. As of 2012, there are about 4 million Japanese learners worldwide. Japan is striving to build a Japanese project to increase the number of Japanese learners from around the world to 5 million by the year 2020.
Kumamoto is the cleanest region in Japan with clean water and it has been designated by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage.
JLNE program compared to other programs
- Students are not in a classroom for the whole day.
- The JLNE Program only runs for 4 to 5 hours a day.
- Students are in a well-known university, not a language institute.
- Residences are not dormitory-style. Cozy accommodations are provided.
- JLNE is more affordable than other programs including cost of living.
- It’s a unique program that allows you to participate in field trips and meet with Japanese students.
- Experience Kumamoto and make unforgettable memories with new friends and Kumamon.
Japanese culture experience and tours
- Cultural experience (Tea Ceremony, Kimono, Japanese Cuisine)
- Sightseeing and Tours (Visiting Kumamoto, Kumamoto Castle, Jokamachi, Aso Mountain, etc.)
- One-on-one Personal Lesson (available only for applicants: once a week for 2 hours)
- Tour of Santori Beer Factory
- Learn the Kumamoto dialect by communicating with other Japanese students
- Build Haiku, Calligraphy, and other activities
- Fill the application form at the bottom of this page and APPLY!
- Ask for more information by email or phone call
- Pay the deposit of 320USD (deducted from the total amount)
- Get invited on the group chat through KakaoTalk (Optional: Orientation before program at Acopia Café: Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Worldcup Buk-ro 6gil or for those who live in Korea, 24-7 Samtong Building)
-Pay the rest of the fee for complete acceptance into the JLNE Program
-Head to Japan and move into accommodation provided
-Beginning of the JLNE Program
-Presentations and Completion Ceremony (Receive Diploma of Completion)
-Submission of your participation review and program feedback
- Kumamoto Prefectural University Tuition Fee (including entrance fee and textbook fee)
- Accommodation dee at Nago-mi House/Kaida Building (deposit, entrance, utilities, and Internet)
- Cultural experiences, activities, and tours
- Issuance of Certificate and Report Card
※ Not Included: Round-trip airfare, food, local transportation fee, personal expenses
Accommodation: Nago-mi House OR Kaida Building
Check in starts on June 23, 2019 and check out by July 23, 2019
■ KAIDA RESIDENCE
- 2 to 3 people living in a hotel-style weekly mansion in the city center (2 rooms + kitchen)
- Bed, quilt, fridge, air-conditioner, washing machine, rice cooker, microwave, and furnitures
- Located in the heart of Kumamoto City (O-toroku system, bed sheet is changed every week)
- Wired internet and wireless Wi-Fi are available
- From home to Kumamoto Center → 1 min walk - From home to central post office → 3 min walk
- From home to civic center → 3 min on foot → From home to Kumamoto Castle → 5 min on foot
-From home to Kumamoto Prefectural University → 30min by bus (400yen)
■ NAGOMI HOUSE
> Kumamoto Prefectural University Central Library 100M, three minutes by walk.
> Located in a Japanese-style detached house or a residential area.
> Includes full options like a regular home (bed and necessities, quilt, fridge, air-conditioner, washing machine, rice cooker, microwave, and furnitures)
> There are two double rooms and one single room on the second floor.
2 months before departure: refund of fees except for deposit
1 month before departure: 50% refund of fees except for deposit
2 weeks before departure: 20% refund of fees except for deposit
2 days before departure: NO REFUND!
※ Note that the deposit of 320USD is not refundable once application is accepted and completed, but this deposit can be used in any other programs of Asia Hope Camp Organization for two years.
If you have any questions, contact us:
TEL: + 82-2-738-4649
Asia Hope Camp Organization Korea Office
1F SANTOH Building 24-7, World Cup buk-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea