Asia Hope Camp Organization’s internship program provides high school and university students first hand experience working in an NGO. During the program, interns are expected to develop knowledge and skills in organization, research, partnership, ideas exchange, and leadership.
Online Content and Social Media Intern
Whenever you want!
You choose your duration!
For internships of more than 3 months, ACOPIA provides you with a plane ticket to Japan and a place to stay in Kumamoto !
There you will be introduced to Japanese university students too.
In Yeonnam-Dong, center of young and trendy Hongdae, Seoul.
- High school or university student (undergraduate or graduate); Age 18 - 28
- Proficient in English (ability to speak Korean and/or Japanese is an advantage as they are the basic languages used in the office)
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office and internet
- Preferably with knowledge and skills in video editing, marketing, web design and digital communication
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Has positive working attitude and is able to relate well with people from different cultures
At ACOPIA, we believe in the free exchange of ideas and are holding various programs to promote Korean culture and Japanese culture internationally, and to improve Korea-Japan relations.
May it be through internships, volunteering programs, KPOP-related programs or language programs, we are serving the cause of unifying peoples.
1) Regular Activities
1. Creation of content for Social Media
To get more people together, promoting ACOPIA’s programs on social media is the first step towards our mission.
At ACOPIA, we give our interns the freedom to design and edit posters, flyers, tubes and videos that will be uploaded on our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Naver blog). It is a great opportunity for every intern to add in their personal touch and style to ACOPIA's social media, to improve their editing skills, and to do so for a good cause!
Check out our Star website and our YouTube channel as an example of what we do:
2. Continuous follow-through of Social Media
At ACOPIA, we also believe in quality service and that e-mails can be pleasant to read. Of course, the work isn't done after a new post has been uploaded! Interns will be in charge of replying to direct messages sent through Social Media Sites. For this you get experience in customer service and Social Media Management.
3. Support Staff during Work Camps and Kpop Camps
For the interns to concretely see the outcome of their work, they will have the opportunity to be accompanying staff during Kpop Camp, which is normally held during summer and winter vacations. By participating in various activities, they will also get to experience Korean culture as promoted by ACOPIA.
4. Promotion of Acopia programs
For the sake of bringing more people together, interns will help the manager promoting various ACOPIA programs:
K-pop camps, JLNE Language Program, Kumamoto volunteering, Miyazaki volunteering
Partnerships with organizations from home country
ACOPIA House (Share House) and other projects of ACOPIA
For this, you will gain experience in marketing and communications, but also in events planning, project management and time management!
Depending on where the intern is from, they may be asked to contribute in the translation and maintenance of our website, and to post job opportunities on local recruiting websites from their country of origin. Join us in our effort to expand internationally and gain experience in international relations!
II) Original activity
All the interns must find an original and creative activity that they will achieve before the end of their internship. This activity must participate to the development of Acopia and must be something feasible and funny to do for the intern. (for example: organizing events related to your country in Acopia Cafe or create partnership programs between Acopia and your home University)
※ We can only have 8 interns maximum at the same time for our Internship Program in Seoul. Therefore in order for you to apply and be selected, you also need to send us an original activity that is achievable and concrete, attached in your cover letter.
BENEFITS OF INTERNING AT ACOPIA
1. Korean language class once a week (2hours)
2. K-pop dance lessons: 2 classes per week
3. K-pop song lessons: 2 classes per week
4. TRIP TO KUMAMOTO IN CASE OF AN INTERNSHIP LONGER THAN 3 MONTHS: Round ticket and accomodation all provided by ACOPIA. Bring only your passport!
5. Free coffee everyday
6. Working near Hongik University in Hongdae
7. Certificate of Internship and ACOPIA badge as proof of working with ACOPA Lifelong Education Center and Asia Hope Camp Organization
8. Working with other interns from different countries & staying in the Share House.
Working TERMS AND conditions
- Interns will be working under the supervision of the team manager handling a specific project.
The workplace will be in Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The office is 5 minutes away from Hongik University Staion Exit 2.
- During their internships, interns are required to stay in ACOPIA's share houses (female only) or in boarding houses (male interns will be allocated in boarding houses but they are mixed.)
- Working days are flexible, but it will be for a minimum of 4 days a week.
- Working time is 7 hours per day from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM including a one hour lunch break
- The internship is unpaid and not funded.
- Interns are required to write a personal evaluation essay following their first month of internship and complete it at the end of their internship with more info. This essay combines their expectations, experiences, impressions about working in ACOPIA, and perhaps even suggestions and recommendations on the internship program and pictures, you should also present your original activity as mentioned in the work description.
- Internal information about ACOPIA, such as information of clients, must be kept confidential, must not be used in non-business matters and must not be released in public even after the internship period. The intern is not allowed to give his/her personal information to clients that he/she meets during the internship. Clients who want to keep in touch with interns should contact ACOPIA via ACOPIA's official email and contact numbers. Likewise, interns shall communicate with clients via the official email accounts and contact numbers of ACOPIA.
ACOPIA HOUSE (ACCOMMODATION)
According to the guidance of the Immigration Bureau of South Korea, we are requiring our interns to live in the ACOPIA House.
You can your choose accommodation among the 3 following options:
Share House (Females Only)
- Bed in Single Room: 700 USD/month
- Bed in Double Room: 550 USD/month per person
- Bed in Triple Room: 500 USD/month per person
(The price includes rent, utility bills, and Wi-FI.)
All rooms are equipped with a bed, desk, chair, drawer, air conditioner, and heater.
The Share House is equipped with a television and computer, kitchen with water purifier, dispenser, rice cooker, other essential cooking and dining utensils, washing machine and vacuum cleaner.
※ The full rent must be paid before your arrival in the Sharehouse by Bank Transfer or Paypal.
※ If the intern stays less than 3 months at the Sharehouse an additional fee of 200USD is charged
RESERVATION AND payment
-300 USD of administrative fee must be paid in advance to do your internship at Acopia. In case of cancellation, the administrative fee will not be refunded.
- The full rent should be paid at least one month before the start of the internship.
- For a stay of less than 3 months, an additional fee of 200 USD will be added for Sharehouse.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Upon acceptance in the internship program, interns are required to confirm their housing choice and pay the deposit fee within 1 month. Failure to do so will mean cancellation of the application. Payment can be made through PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Note that there will be transaction costs that will be incurred in the payment process (whether through Paypal or bank transfer). For bank transfers, 45 USD is usually charged (this covers the charge for sending the money, receiving the money and the Cash Selling rate). As such, kindly take this transaction costs into consideration when making payments.
* Bank Transfer (USD Currency)
Bank name: Kookmin Bank
Account name: Asia Hope Camp Organization
Account number: 009968-11-009776
Swift Code: CZNBKRSEXXX
Address: Kwanghwamun Branch 167, Naesoo-Dong, Jongro-Gu, Seoul 101-719 Korea
Tel. 82-2-732-9301, Fax. 82-2-725-8359
You can either click on the picture below to access our payment page or pay independently the desired amount of money through Paypal by sending it to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that Paypal takes 5% of fees on your payments, that's why the prices posted on our page are 5% higher than what was announced before. You should also calculate fee this if you decide to send money through Paypal to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and visa info
-Acopia cannot sponsor you to get a visa for Korea. Make sure to call the Korean Embassy of your country to make sure that you can get a proper visa by your own means. Acopia can only give you an invitation letter..
-Please click here for info about visa for Vietnamese ( number 5)
-There were previous instances of intern applicants not showing up for the internship after internship documents have been completed and the invitation letter has been sent. For this reason, ACOPIA takes precaution when providing the invitation letter for visa purposes. We will send you an invitation only after we receive your payment of administrative fee.
- Interns must submit a copy of their visa and passport (biographical page) on the day of their orientation to the internship program.
- Interns must avail their own travel or medical insurance valid for the entire duration of their internship.
- Intern applicants must complete all procedures within one month from their initial application and acceptance. Otherwise, the internship application will be cancelled.