INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT ACOPIA
Asia Hope Camp Organization’s internship program provides high school and university students first hand experience working in an NGO. During the program, interns are expected to develop knowledge and skills in organization, research, partnership, ideas exchange, and leadership.
Asia Hope Camp Organization hosts paid and unpaid Internships and Training opportunities in beautiful Japanese cities.
There are several advantages of doing an internship in Japan rather than in Korea:
-No administration fees (300USD for internship in Korea)
-Cheap and safe environment
-Good quality of the air and cleanliness of the water
-Experience of the Japanese culture
-Clean and high quality housing
PROGRAM IN KUMAMOTO
INTERNSHIP IN ACOPIA SEOUL
- High school or university student (undergraduate or graduate); Age 18 - 28
- Proficient in English (ability to speak Korean and/or Japanese is an advantage as they are the basic languages used in the office)
- Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office and internet
- Preferably with knowledge and skills in marketing, web design and digital communication
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Has positive working attitude and is able to relate well with people from different cultures
I) Regular activities
1. Multicultural Cafe
- Interns will sell ACOPIA Café products to customers. These products include Café/Fair Trade drinks and snacks, and Kumamon merchandises.
- Interns will facilitate Multicultural Communication and Language Exchange with visitor/s of the Acopia Cafe. 2H Free Talk in English or another foreign language with the clients.
2. Visit Korean High Schools, Universities, Academies and NGOs
- Interns will visit different Korean schools or institutes (Transportation fee will be provided.) They should prepare some presentations about their country, and games to play with the students.
3. Support Staff during Work Camps and Kpop Camps
- Interns may work as a support staff during Kpop Camp, which is normally held during summer and winter vacations, or any other work camps. They will provide assistance, such as administrative and logistical support, to the organizers (Transportation fee will be provided.)
4. Promotion of Acopia programs
- Work camps and K-pop camps
- Partnerships with organizations from home country
- ACOPIA House (Share House) and other projects of ACOPIA
- Promote other internship programs in Japan ( Kumamoto, Miyazaki)
- Translation of contents and maintenance of websites, emails and other social networking sites of the organization
- Creation and promotion of Events at Acopia Cafe (Movies from your country, Board Games, Cook your country food etc...)
- Composition of social media contents (videos, blog)
- Other international activities in line with the organization's work
II) Original activity
All the interns must find an original and creative activity that they will achieve before the end of their internship. This activity must participate to the development of Acopia and must be something feasible and funny to do for the intern. (for example: organizing events related to your country in Acopia Cafe or create partnership programs between Acopia and your home University)
※ We can only have 9 interns maximum at the same time for our Internship Program in Seoul. Therefore in order for you to apply and be selected, you also need to send us an original activity that is achievable and concrete, attached in your cover letter.
III) Duty Staff Work
While working at ACOPIA, interns will be expected to participate (at least once a week) on staff activities. During these work days, interns will have to in order to help the manager :
-contact future interns and help them through the application procedure
-manage the cafe
-checking other interns assignments
-ACOPIA house management (inventory) and others.
Working TERMS AND conditions
- Interns will be working under the supervision of the team leader handling a specific project.
The workplace will be in Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea. The office is 5 minutes away from Hongik University Staion Exit 2.
- During their internships, interns are required to stay in ACOPIA's share houses (female only) or in boarding houses (male interns will be allocated in boarding houses but they are mixed.)
- Working days are flexible, but it will be for a minimum of 4 days a week.
-Working time is 7 hours per day from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM including a one hour lunch break
- The internship is unpaid and not funded.
- Interns are required to write a personal evaluation essay following their first month of internship and complete it at the end of their internship with more info. This essay combines their expectations, experiences, impressions about working in ACOPIA, and perhaps even suggestions and recommendations on the internship program and pictures, you should also present your original activity as mentioned in the work description.
- Internal information about ACOPIA, such as information of clients, must be kept confidential, must not be used in non-business matters and must not be released in public even after the internship period. The intern is not allowed to give his/her personal information to clients that he/she meets during the internship. Clients who want to keep in touch with interns should contact ACOPIA via ACOPIA's official email and contact numbers. Likewise, interns shall communicate with clients via the official email accounts and contact numbers of ACOPIA.
BENEFITS OF INTERNING AT ACOPIA
1. Korean language class once a week (2hours)
2. K-pop dance lessons: 2 classes per week
3. K-pop song lessons: 2 classes per week
4. Monthly Party (cake/lunch)
5. Free coffee everyday
6. Working near Hongik University in Hongdae
7. Opportunities of visiting middle schools, high schools, and universities
8. Certificate of Internship and ACOPIA badge as proof of working with ACOPA Lifelong Education Center and Asia Hope Camp Organization
9. Working with other interns from different countries & staying in the Share House (Females only.)
ACOPIA HOUSE (ACCOMMODATION)
According to the guidance of the Immigration Bureau of South Korea, we are requiring our interns to live in the ACOPIA House.
You can your choose accommodation among the 3 following options:
Share House (Females Only)
- Bed in Single Room: 800 USD/month
- Bed in Double Room: 600 USD/month per person
- Bed in Triple Room: 500 USD/month per person
(The price includes rent, utility bills, and Wi-FI.)
All rooms are equipped with a bed, desk, chair, drawer, air conditioner, and heater.
The Share House is equipped with a television and computer, kitchen with water purifier, dispenser, rice cooker, other essential cooking and dining utensils, washing machine and vacuum cleaner.
※ The full rent must be paid before your arrival in the Sharehouse by Bank Transfer or Paypal.
※ If the intern stays less than 3 months at the Sharehouse an additional fee of 200USD is charged
RESERVATION AND payment
-300 USD of administrative fee must be paid in advance to do your internship at Acopia. In case of cancellation, the administrative fee will not be refunded.
- The full rent should be paid before arrival.
- For a stay of less than 3 months, an additional fee of 200 USD will be added for Sharehouse.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Upon acceptance in the internship program, interns are required to confirm their housing choice and pay the deposit fee within 1 month. Failure to do so will mean cancellation of the application. Payment can be made through PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Note that there will be transaction costs that will be incurred in the payment process (whether through Paypal or bank transfer). For bank transfers, 45 USD is usually charged (this covers the charge for sending the money, receiving the money and the Cash Selling rate). As such, kindly take this transaction costs into consideration when making payments.
* Bank Transfer (USD Currency)
Bank name: Kookmin Bank
Account name: Asia Hope Camp Organization
Account number: 009968-11-009776
Swift Code: CZNBKRSEXXX
Address: Kwanghwamun Branch 167, Naesoo-Dong, Jongro-Gu, Seoul 101-719 Korea
Tel. 82-2-732-9301, Fax. 82-2-725-8359
You can either click on the picture below to access our payment page or pay independently the desired amount of money through Paypal by sending it to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that Paypal takes 5% of fees on your payments, that's why the prices posted on our page are 5% higher than what was announced before. You should also calculate fee this if you decide to send money through Paypal to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and visa info
-Acopia cannot sponsor you to get a visa for Korea. Make sure to call the Korean Embassy of your country to make sure that you can get a proper visa by your own means. Acopia can only give you an invitation letter..
-Please click here for info about visa for Vietnamese ( number 5)
-There were previous instances of intern applicants not showing up for the internship after internship documents have been completed and the invitation letter has been sent. For this reason, ACOPIA takes precaution when providing the invitation letter for visa purposes. We will send you an invitation only after we receive your payment of administrative fee.
- Interns must submit a copy of their visa and passport (biographical page) on the day of their orientation to the internship program.
- Interns must avail their own travel or medical insurance valid for the entire duration of their internship.
- Intern applicants must complete all procedures within one month from their initial application and acceptance. Otherwise, the internship application will be cancelled.