EAST ASIA KOREA-JAPAN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The East Asia Korea-Japan internship program is a non-paid internship organized by the Korean NGO Asia Hope Camp Organization, and by the Japanese NGO Acopia Friendship International.
Are you looking for a working experience in Asia? To travel in Korean or in Japan? To learn a new language or discover East Asian culture? Perhaps all three at once?
If your answer is "Yes!" to any of these questions, our East Asia Korea-Japan internship program is exactly what you need.
About the internship
Our internship is a 3 to 6 months internship open all year-round. This means interns can apply whenever and choose their working period as they wish.
- 3 months : 1 month in Korea and 2 months in Japan or the opposite, according to intern's preference.
- 4 months : 2 months in Korea and 2 months in Japan.
- 5 months : 2 months in Korea and 3 months in Japan or the opposite, according to intern's preference.
- 6 months : 3 months in Korea and 3 months in Japan.
Round trip ticket will be provided by ACOPIA (flight from Incheon airport to Kumamoto Airport and back.)
The internship takes place in Hongdae, Seoul, South Korea, and in Kumamoto, Japan.
You can check out Kumamoto's location, history, sightseeing, features, events and tips on the website below:
This internship is an unpaid one.
At ACOPIA, we value experience and emotions more than anything. Our mission is to promote social activities and to facilitate free exchange of ideas. As interns will work as intrapreneurs under minimal supervision, they have to be autonomous and rigorous. During this internship, interns will improve their decision-making skills and project management skills, use and take advantage of their creativity, improve their interpersonal communication skills, and most of all, work in a fun and friendly environment.
working hours :
Interns will work from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
acopia seoul office :
- Promoting multicultural cafe
- Promoting Kpop Camp
- Promoting Work Camps abroad
- Visiting Korean high schools, universities, academies and NGOs
- Supporting staff during Work Camps and Kpop Camps
- Creating Partnerships
- Managing social media accounts
- Original Activity
ACOPIA KUMAMOTO OFFICE :
- Volunteering with children as a kindergarten assistant
- Promoting friendship exchanges between citizens of Kumamoto and people worldwide, and contributing to the city's internationalization while working with the Kumamoto City International Center.
During their internships, interns are required to stay in ACOPIA Houses (for girls only).
Full rent must be paid prior to arrival for both accommodation in Korea and in Japan.
hongdae sharehouse, Seoul, korea :
- Single Room : USD 700 / month
- Double Room : USD 550 / month
- Triple Room : USD 500 / month
※ Water, electricity and gas, wifi included.
- Toilet & Shower
- Living Room, Couch, Table, TV
- Kitchen, Refrigerator, Microwave, Water Purifier, Rice Cooker, Toaster, etc.
- Laundry Machine, Clothes Horse, Iron, Vacuum Cleaner
- Free Internet & Wi-Fi,
- Personal Computer
- Terrace (Only for those living on the 2nd floor of House 1.)
Nagomi house, kumamoto, japan :
Single Room : USD 700 / month
Double Room : USD 500 / month / person
※ Water, electricity and gas, wifi included.
The office and the housing part of Nagomi House are both located in the same residence.
How to get to Kumamoto
For our internship program, you will simply need a tourist VISA as you will be staying 90 days in Korea and 90 days in Japan.
How to participate
1. Complete the form below (bottom of page).
2. Send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter by email at email@example.com.
3. We will contact you to schedule an interview with you.
4. After the interview, we will contact you to let you know if you are accepted for the internship.
5. Pay the administrative fee of USD 300 on Paypal
Or by Bank Transfer
Bank name: Kookmin Bank
Account name: Asia Hope Camp Organization
Account number: 009968-11-009776
Swift Code: CZNBKRSEXXX
Address: Kwanghwamun Branch 167, Naesoo-Dong, Jongro-Gu, Seoul 101-719 Korea
Tel. 82-2-732-9301, Fax. 82-2-725-8359
5. Book your plane ticket (keep us informed about the date and time of arrival / departure), whether you arrive at Seoul Incheon 1 or Seoul Incheon 2. A pick up service will be offered.
6. Pay the full rent before your departure by Paypal or Bank Transfer.
7. Get an insurance for traveling abroad.
7. Sign and return the Internship Agreement form to firstname.lastname@example.org
*PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO APPLY.
Up to 2 months before departure: refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 1 month prior to departure: 50% refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 2 weeks before departure: 20% refund of fees except for deposit
From 2 days before departure: Refund impossible
※ The deposit of 300USD is not refundable but you can can use this deposit for any other program of Asia Hope Camp Organization during 2 years