JLNE (Japanese Language Nagomi Education)
This program is held in the Prefectural University of Kumamoto
Study with Japanese students and discover the Japanese culture together.
Improve your Japanese skills while living in Japan!
Try beautiful Japanese Kimono
□ Host: Asia Hope Camp Organization
□ Cooperation: Korea-Japan Society Culture Forum
□ Period: from 2019/1/8 to 2019/1/30
JLNE program is hold twice a year, during summer and winter
- You can live in your accommodation from 2019/1/7 to 2019/2/1. Check out date can be on 1/30.
□ Training Hours: The actual number of training days is 20 days including Saturdays
(12:30 to 13:30 lunch break, language program scheduled for 4 hours a day)
□ Course: Japanese language education, presentation class, cultural experience, field trip, small group lesson, exchange meeting.
- The participant will take intensive Japanese classes in the morning and visit Kumamoto's corporations with briefing sessions and field trips in the afternoon.
□ Place of Training: Kumamoto Prefectural University Seminar Room
(Tours, cultural experiences and visits to related institutions will take place in Kumamoto and its surroundings)
□ Number of participants: 15~25 (JPT300 or higher, no beginner)
□ Participation fee: 1 500USD. It covers the accommodation fee at the comfortable Kaida residence in the heart of the city + training fee (4 hours a day) + certificate of completion + report card issuance.
After the program is over, you can freely interact with your Japanese friends, and visit Japan before going back home.
※ The application deadline is October 30, 2018.
Korean universities and organizations can conclude exchange agreements with Kumamoto Prefectural University Japanese Language Education Laboratory through the Asia Hope Camp Organization.
※ JLNE is a program conducted at the Kumamoto Prefectural University Japanese Language Education Laboratory. Professor BABA Ryoji, the highest authority in the field of Japanese language education, is responsible for the entire program. JLNE is not an introductory lecture to learn Japanese, but a Japanese language course conducted by Japanese university students (graduate students) who major in Japanese language education. After the end of the program you will receive a certificate of completion.
'Language is culture'
Understanding the language is understanding the people of that country.
The Japanese government is putting a lot of capital and effort into increasing the number of people studying Japanese in the world. As of 2012, there are about 4 million Japanese learners worldwide. Japan is striving to build a Japanese project to increase the number of Japanese learners from around the world to 5 million by the year 2020.
Kumamoto is the cleanest region in Japan with clean water and it has been designated by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage.
JLNE program is different from the other programs
-You are not stuck in a classroom for the whole day
-The program is 4~5 hours a day
-You are studying in a University not a language institute
-There is no dormitory. You will live in a full option Mansion in the heart of the city
-It is not expensive. The cost of living is also cheap
-The program is unique and will allow you to participate to field trips and visits with Japanese students
-Live a touching experience at Kumamoto and be friend with Kumamon
Japanese culture experience and tours
· Cultural experience (tea ceremony, kimono, Japanese cuisine)
· Visiting Kumamoto
. Aso Mountain Tour
· Sightseeing (Kumamoto Castle, historical sites, etc.)
· Walking in Jokamachi
· One-on-one personal lesson (only for applicants: once a week for 2 hours)
· Tour of Santori Beer Factory
· Learn Kumamoto dialect, build haiku, calligraphy
· Communication with Japanese students
Sample of program schedule
- Fill the form at the bottom and apply
- Ask more information by email or phone call
- Pay the deposit of 320USD (it will be deducted from the total amount)
- Get invited on the group chat through Kakaotalk
- Optional: Orientation before going to Japan at Acopia Café Seoul-si, Mapo-gu, Worldcup Buk-ro 6gil 24-7 Samtong Building (for those who live in Korea)
-Pay the rest of the fee
-Go to Japan, enter your accommodation
-Beginning of the JLNE program
-Presentations and completion ceremony (receive diploma)
-Submission of your participation review
1,500USD which includes:
- Kumamoto Prefectural University Tuition Fee (Including Entrance Fee and Textbook Fee)
- Accommodation fee (cleaning fee, deposit, entrance fee, electricity, water, Internet)
- Kaida Building (accommodation) is located in the center of Kumamoto City. It takes 30 minutes by city bus to Kumamoto Prefectural University (400 yen one way).
- Cultural experience
- Issuance of certificate and report card
※ Not included: Round-trip airfare, food, local transportation fee, personal expenses
Accommodation: Nago-mi House OR Kaida Building
From 1/8 to 1/30. Possible Check in on 1/7 and Check out on 2/1.
■ Kaida Residence
- 2 to 3 people living in a hotel-style weekly mansion in the city center (2 rooms + kitchen).
- Bed, quilt, fridge, air-conditioner, washing machine, rice cooker, microwave, furniture, electric appliances
High quality mansion in the heart of Kumamoto city (O-toroku system, bed sheet is changed every week)
- Wired internet and wireless Wi-Fi are available.
- From hotel to Kumamoto center → 1 minute walk - From hotel to central post office → 3 minute walk
- From hotel to civic center → 3 minutes on foot → From hotel to Kumamoto Castle → 5 minutes on foot
-From hotel to Kumamoto Prefectural Univesity → 30min by bus (400yen)
■ Nagomi House
> Kumamoto Prefectural University Central Library 100M, three minutes by walk.
> Address: 2-chome 5-18
> Located in a Japanese-style detached house or a residential area.
> Full option, cookable
> There is a large room (tatami room) on the first floor, a living room and a kitchen (kitchen), a bathroom and a bathroom
> There are two double rooms and one single room on the second floor.
Up to 2 months before departure: refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 1 month prior to departure: 50% refund of fees except for deposit
Up to 2 weeks before departure: 20% refund of fees except for deposit
From 2 days before departure: Refund impossible
※ The deposit of 320USD is not refundable but you can can use this deposit for any other program of Asia Hope Camp Organization during 2 years